What to Expect
The Motion Picture Institute provides the framework for experiencing what it takes to work in the film industry.
Whether you are in the Film Production program or the Film Acting program the people you meet and what you learn here will influence your career path for years to come. We encourage you to take advantage of our knowledge, experience, and professional filmmaking equipment. Our most successful students are those that get involved- network with your classmates, ask a lot of questions, come to class, and most of all be willing to express yourself!
The Motion Picture Production Program
- Prepares students for a film career in twelve months.
- Trains students via intensive hands-on film projects.
- Taught by film industry veterans and professionals.
- Access state of the art film equipment and production facilities
- Provides job opportunities via career services and graduates.
- Write, produce, direct, and edit your own films.
See A Day in the Life of a Film Student: CLICK HERE
Explore our Open Studios: CLICK HERE
Work on Internships and Local Programs: CLICK HERE
Watch MPI Student Films: CLICK HERE
The Motion Picture Acting Program
- Eight month conservatory style program.
- Intensive training in the major acting methods and techniques.
- Show reel development via class film projects.
- Networking and casting opportunities with student filmmakers and professionals.
- Teaches life and survival skills in the business of acting.
- Career services offer casting notices, agency and representation leads for grads.
- Friendly, fun, and nurturing atmosphere.