International Students 

This school is authorized under federal law to accept and enroll non-immigrant alien students for The Motion Picture Production Program.

International Student Applications | Motion Picture Institute Troy MI - International_students

International students are required to provide additional information to the school in order to apply for an M-1 student Visa.  The student Visa is made available to the student upon enrolling into the Motion Picture Production Program.

To expedite this process:

International applicants are asked to fill out the Motion Picture Production Program Application and to fill out the International Student Information Form.  They will also need to provide documentation such as proof of citizenship via passport / travel visa or greencard, a statement of financial eligibility (bank statement or letter) and proficiency in English (TOEFL score minimum 68). This information must be submitted along with the program application either directly on the application or submitted via email to

Note: M-1 visas are not available for The Motion Picture Actors' Program.

Students seeking assistance in housing may contact our admissions office. For any additional information or questions regarding the forms, you may contact our admissions office at 248-528-1760 or email at